When cooking quinoa I like to use a little less water than what is called for on the packaged instructions so it is more dry and less mushy. I also toss a leaf or two of sage in the pot. You may also want to use vegetable or chicken stock to cook the quinoa for more flavor.
Recipe: Kale & Quinoa Salad
Yield: 6 servings as a side dish
Estimated Time: 30 minutes
4 cups finely chopped curly kale, ribs removed
2 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tbsp raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds
6 or more cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
1/4 cup avocado or olive oil
1 large lemon, zest and juice
1 Tbsp raw honey
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp minced red onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp sea salt
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined and set aside.
- Stir together the chopped kale, quinoa, feta and pumpkin seeds in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the dressing to the kale and quinoa mixture and stir until evenly distributed.
- Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Top the salad with cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered, depending on size and preference
|Tropeana Lunga onions from the garden|